Can My Ex Prevent Me From Showing Up At My Children’s Activities?

divorce lawyer Andrew LaufersQuestion:

Can my ex-wife prevent me from showing up at my children’s activities, such as baseball games or school plays?

I have joint legal custody and she has sole physical custody.


I am unable to give you legal advice on divorce. I can give general divorce help for men, though, my knowledge is based on Minnesota divorce laws where I am licensed to practice.

Unless a court order prohibits you from having contact with your ex-wife, and it is a public setting such as a school or church, you are free to show up at your kids’ activities.

You generally cannot be present at an activity in a private home unless you are invited to that home.

Remember, I am unable to provide you with anything more than divorce tips for men, so please consult with a divorce lawyer in your jurisdiction.

To arrange an initial consultation to discuss divorce rights for men with a Cordell & Cordell attorney, including Minnesota Divorce Lawyer Andrew J. Laufers, contact Cordell & Cordell.

End of Content Icon

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>