What Are Grounds For Modifying Child Custody?

parenting time

Question: My son, who turns 18 in January, currently lives with his mother, but I worry about the environment he is in. They’re constantly getting into heated arguments and she recently had to call the police on him. I think he would be much better off living with me. What


Could Alimony Termination Lead To More Child Support?

child support payments

Question: My ex-wife’s alimony payments are due to terminate at the end of the year. She is now seeking to increase the amount of child support she receives due to the change in income that the alimony termination presents. Since alimony paid/received is considered income, will this change in income


Can You Contest The Child Support Amount?

child support

Question: I have been unable to pay my child support for three months due to unemployment and they are threatening to take away my license. They are saying that if I pay the full amount now I can keep my license but I have to sign a paper saying I


Proving Abuse In A Child Custody Case

child custody

Question: My ex has primary custody of our daughter during the school year. I suspect that she is being abused and has talked to me about running away because she doesn’t want to be here. How can I prove to the court that she is being abused so that she