My name is still on the mortgage that my ex-wife is living in. What is the process for getting my name removed so I do not have that debt to my name?
Listen to our latest podcast for strategies to help you getting stuck with alimony payments that you can't afford.
Although an individual might not show much income on paper, a court can determine that their earning capacity is much higher and calculate support and alimony payments based on that amount.
Child or spousal support provisions are often included in divorce agreements. Here's what you need to know about them.
Generally, when one party requests alimony, the court will consider the need of the spouse seeking alimony and the ability of the other spouse to pay.
On the latest Men's Divorce Podcast, Cordell & Cordell divorce attorneys discuss modifying alimony.
- Men’s Divorce Podcast: Factors Considered When Modifying Alimony
- Men Shouldn’t Fear Asking For Alimony
- Video: Factors That Determine Alimony
- Can I Waive Alimony While Unemployed?
- Is My Wife Eligible For Spousal Maintenance?
- Who Gets The House In An Equitable Distribution State?
- Will I Have To Pay Spousal Support Forever?
- Does Alimony End Upon Cohabitation?