Cordell & Cordell family law attorney Colby Pearce discusses some of the common factors courts use when considering whether to order alimony payments.
I was recently unexpectedly let go from my job. Is it possible to waive my monthly alimony payment while I'm unemployed until I find a new job?
Will my wife be eligible for spousal maintenance if we divorce after being married for less than a year?
An explanation of how a court will potentially decide who gets the marital home in an equitable distribution state.
In calculating the amount and term of alimony, courts look at various factors, including the length of the marriage and the earning capacity of each party.
- Does Alimony End Upon Cohabitation?
- Is It Possible To Vacate Alimony?
- How Do I Get My Name Off The Mortgage After Divorce?
- DadsDivorce Live: Massachusetts Alimony Reform
- Men’s Divorce Podcast: Alimony
- DadsDivorce Live: The Alimony Recapture Rule
- Florida Fails To Modernize Alimony, Child Custody Laws
- DadsDivorce Live: Reforming Florida’s Alimony Laws