Are Temporary Child Support Orders Modifiable?

Texas divorce lawyerQuestion:

I was unable to attend the temporary hearing where my wife and her divorce lawyer misrepresented my financial information for alimony and child support.

As a result, my temporary orders for alimony and child support payments are 75% of my monthly net income.

Can I appeal this decision and modify the temporary orders?


I am unable to give you legal advice on divorce. I can give general divorce help for men, though, my knowledge is based on Texas divorce law where I am licensed to practice.

You can file a Motion to Modify the order from the court. In this Motion, you will ask the court to reduce the monetary amount awarded to your spouse.

You will present evidence to the court showing your current financial situation, and the court can use this information to reduce child support to guideline child support and to reduce maintenance to guideline maintenance.

Read Related Article:

Keys to a Successful Modification

Remember, I am unable to provide you with financial advice on divorce law, so please consult with an attorney in your jurisdiction.

To arrange an initial consultation to discuss divorce rights for men with a Cordell & Cordell mens divorce attorney, including Jordan Haedicke, an associate attorney in the Austin, Texas, office, contact Cordell & Cordell Law Firm.

End of Content Icon

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *