Can I File For An Adjustment With Unemployment Benefits?


I was laid-off last week. I have applied for unemployment benefits and was informed that I will get half my pay. I went to file for an adjustment of my support amount and was told it can not be done. Is this correct?  If I can file for an adjustment, how do I go about doing it?





In Missouri and Georgia you should file a Motion to Modify Child Support in the family court.  If everyone remains in the state of the original order you would return to that court.  You need to show a substantial and continuing change of circumstances in relation to the prior support amount.


Spencer E. Williams is the Team Leader over St Louis, St Charles, Indianapolis and Arnold (Jefferson County, MO) offices of Cordell & Cordell, P.C. where he practices exclusively in the area of domestic relations. Mr. Williams has tried numerous cases dealing with complex custody issues, maintenance, business assets and personal asset division.

End of Content Icon

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *