Ask A Lawyer: How Can I See My Daughter?

Spencer Williams, Cordell & CordellQuestion:


What rights do I have as a father? My daughter was born 3 months ago and now her mother (a one-night affair) will not let me see my child. What can I do?





File a Petition to Determine Father-Child Relationship.  This will set up legal custody, physical custody, visitation and child support.  Document all of your attempts to see and visit your child in a custody journal or calendar.


Spencer E. Williams is the Team Leader over St Louis, St Charles, Indianapolis and Arnold (Jefferson County, MO) offices of Cordell & Cordell, P.C. where he practices exclusively in the area of domestic relations. Mr. Williams has tried numerous cases dealing with complex custody issues, maintenance, business assets and personal asset division.

End of Content Icon

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *