Attending High School Graduation If Ex-Wife Will Be There

Omaha Nebraska Divorce LawyerQuestion:

Years ago a restraining order preventing me from being near my ex-wife was dismissed, though I have continued to stay away from her since.

My child is graduating high school and I would like to attend since the graduation ceremony is open to the public.

Can I attend my child’s graduation in a public setting if my ex-wife will be there?


I am unable to give you legal advice on divorce. I can give general divorce help for men, though, my knowledge is based on Nebraska divorce laws where I am licensed to practice.

If there is not an existing order then you are free to do what you would like.

You can’t be restrained from taking an action or be held in contempt of court unless you are violating an order of the court.

I would suggest that you contact a family law attorney to verify that there are currently no court orders in place. You can then move forward with taking the action that you feel is in your child’s best interests.

Read Related Articles:

High School Graduation

Remember, I am unable to provide you with anything more than divorce tips for men, so please consult with a divorce lawyer in your jurisdiction.

To arrange an initial consultation to discuss divorce rights for men with a Cordell & Cordell attorney, including Omaha, Nebraska Divorce Lawyer Nancy Shannon, contact Cordell & Cordell.

End of Content Icon

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *