Can An Illegal Alien Petition For Custody?

Omaha Nebraska Divorce LawyerQuestion:

Can a father petition the courts for custody of his children even if he is an illegal alien?

The kids are living with an abusive mother, but the father is unsure if he has rights since he is illegal.


I am unable to give you legal advice on divorce. I can give general divorce help for men, though, my knowledge is based on Nebraska divorce laws where I am licensed to practice.

The father can petition for custody even as an illegal alien. If this person believes his children are in immediate danger, he should call the police and request that the well being of the child be confirmed.

I would strongly suggest that this person work closely with a family law attorney licensed in the state that he lives in that practices in both family law and immigration law.

Remember, I am unable to provide you with anything more than divorce tips for men, so please consult with a divorce lawyer in your jurisdiction.

To arrange an initial consultation to discuss divorce rights for men with a Cordell & Cordell attorney, including Omaha, Nebraska Divorce Lawyer Nancy Shannon, contact Cordell & Cordell.

End of Content Icon

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *