Can I Bring Perjury Charges Against My Ex?

divorce lawyer Alex DurstQuestion:

My ex-wife had me arrested on domestic violence charges that proved to be false and she committed perjury regarding the matter when we were in court.

I know perjury charges are rarely successful, but her blatant lies are ruining my life.

What steps do I need to take and whom can I seek assistance from to have a perjury charge filed against her?


I am unable to give you legal advice on divorce. I can give general divorce help for men, though, my knowledge is based on Ohio divorce laws where I am licensed to practice.

Unfortunately, it is not uncommon for unfounded complaints of domestic violence to be made, especially when one spouse requests a separation.

For perjury charges against your wife to happen, you must speak with the prosecutor’s office in your jurisdiction. Your best bet would be figure out what prosecutor’s office (city, county, etc.) has jurisdiction, and contact them with an explanation of the situation.

Try to gather as much evidence as you can, such as any recordings, transcripts, etc., from all hearings.

As you acknowledge, it may be challenging to have charges brought. Be sure to take any action quickly, as the statute of limitations will eventually run out.

Read Related Article:

Depositions and Lies

Remember, I am unable to provide you with anything more than divorce tips for men, so please consult with a divorce lawyer in your jurisdiction.

To arrange an initial consultation to discuss divorce rights for men with a Cordell & Cordell attorney, including Ohio Divorce Lawyer Alexander J. Durst, contact Cordell & Cordell.

End of Content Icon

2 comments on “Can I Bring Perjury Charges Against My Ex?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *