Ex-Wife Will Not Deliver Personal Property Awarded To Me

Noblesville Indiana Divorce LawyerQuestion:

My ex-wife has yet to deliver to me property that I was awarded in our divorce decree.

She refuses to give me these items, but she is telling people she already has. So now I have to waste more time and money going to court to enforce our divorce decree.

How do I prove to the judge that my ex-wife is lying and I have never received the awarded property?


I am unable to give you legal advice on divorce. I can give general divorce help for men, though, my knowledge is based on Indiana divorce laws where I am licensed to practice.

Since it is easier to show an action was taken than to show that no action was taken, she will need to be prepared to show that she provided the property to you. This will have to include more than just her self-serving statements to others.

She will have to have testimony from individuals with direct knowledge that the property was provided to you, such as someone who was present when the property was provided.

One way to document what was provided to you and what you have yet to receive is to request financial statements for any providers of bank accounts or investment accounts to show whether the money was ever withdrawn or transferred out of the account, if any of the property was to be transferred or removed from an account and provided to you.

Read Related Articles:

Using Evidence In Divorce Cases

In the event that the court agrees that your ex-wife should be in contempt, you may request an award for attorney’s fees or other costs you may have incurred to bring the contempt action.

To prove these expenses, you will need to be prepared to bring receipts or statements for the expenses billed.

Remember, I am unable to provide you with anything more than divorce tips for men, so please consult with a divorce lawyer in your jurisdiction.

To arrange an initial consultation to discuss divorce rights for men with a Cordell & Cordell attorney, including Noblesville, Indiana Divorce Lawyer Sara Pitcher, contact Cordell & Cordell.

End of Content Icon

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *