How Can I Argue for Joint Physical Custody of My Children?

Question:kristy loyall attorney oklahoma

What are my legal rights as a father who wants to play an everyday role instead of an every other weekend role with my kids?

How can I get a 50/50 custody split?


While I am not licensed to practice law in your state, I can give some general guidance on this issue.

In many states, custody and visitation is based on the best interest of the children. Because you already have been divorced, many states  would require you to request a modification of the current order.

In order to do so, certain states require that there is a permanent, material and substantial change in circumstance.

There are several things that are often successful in helping to prepare a case to advocate for equal time.

First, it is important that you be involved with the children on a daily basis. Accordingly, it is important that you keep a calendar or journal of all important events regarding your children. This is because you want to be able to show the court you are attending all school functions, extra-curricular activities and participating in the children’s daily life.

In doing this, you should be sharing the in the daily responsibilities of the children. For example, this includes taking the children to doctors’ appointments and providing the children with supplies they need for school.

Remember, I am unable to provide you with anything more than divorce tips for men, so please consult a domestic litigation attorney in your area to obtain specific advice as to the laws in your state and how they impact your potential case.


To arrange an initial consultation to discuss divorce rights for men with a Cordell & Cordell attorney, including Oklahoma attorney Kristy Loyall, contact Cordell & Cordell.

End of Content Icon

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *