How To Collect Property Awarded To You After The Divorce

divorce lawyer jason lasserQuestion:

My divorce is final and it was ruled that I am owed half of the profit sharing accrued during our marriage.

Since the divorce, there’s been no contact regarding the split of the profit sharing from my ex-spouse or the attorneys.

What do I need to do to collect the funds I am owed?


I am unable to give you legal advice on divorce. I can give general divorce help for men, though, my knowledge is based on Pennsylvania divorce laws where I am licensed to practice.

I assume the court order did not provide that you were responsible for the transfer of the profit sharing funds. If so, you could file a Motion to Enforce the court order, which awarded you these funds.

Assuming there was no timetable for the distribution and that it has been some time since the order, you could also ask for sanctions in the form of a “fine” paid to you by her for her failure to follow the terms of the court order in a timely manner.

The sanctions are not guaranteed, as an award of sanctions will most likely depend on a number of factors, including the amount of time that has passed since the order and her reason for not transferring these funds sooner. These types of transfers can often times be complicated, so she very well may have a legitimate reason for the delay.

Read Related Articles:

Enforcing Court Orders

Regardless, the filing of a Motion to Enforce should be appropriate since it appears that time has passed and you remain in the dark as to what is going on with the transfer.

Remember, I am unable to provide you with anything more than divorce tips for men, so please consult with divorce lawyers for men in your jurisdiction.

To arrange an initial consultation to discuss divorce rights for men with a Cordell & Cordell attorney, including Pittsburgh Divorce Lawyer Jason Lasser, contact Cordell & Cordell.

End of Content Icon

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *