Modification of orders when both parties moved out of state

Question:mens divorce lawyer

I was originally divorced in one state (Oklahoma) but new child support orders were put in place in another state (Texas) where we both ended up moving.

Do the new Texas child support orders vacate the original Oklahoma orders?


Oklahoma law is clear that the Texas order modified only the portions of the Oklahoma decree that the Texas order specifically addressed.

For example, if the Texas order only addressed the amount of child support, the Oklahoma decree is modified only as to the amount of child support.

All other provisions (e.g., visitation, relocation notice, support alimony) of the Oklahoma decree remain in force.

It is always best to directly consult with an attorney who focuses on domestic law and provide him or her with all of the information and documents relevant to your legal inquiry.

Cordell & Cordell has men’s divorce lawyers located nationwide.


Katherine V. Lewis is an Associate Attorney in the Tulsa, Oklahoma office of Cordell & Cordell where she practices family law exclusively with a focus on men’s divorce. Ms. Lewis is licensed in the state of Oklahoma. Ms. Lewis received her Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology and a minor in history from the University of Oklahoma. She then continued her education to receive her Juris Doctor from the University of Oklahoma College of Law.

End of Content Icon

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *