Protecting Personal Property During A Divorce

Philadelphia Pennsylvania Divorce LawyerQuestion:

During our divorce my wife has been damaging my personal property. The most recent incident involved her purposefully denting my car and scratching vulgar words on the vehicle.

How can I stop her? How can I protect my personal property from her even though we are still legally married?


I am unable to give you legal advice on divorce. I can give general divorce help for men, though, my knowledge is based on Pennsylvania divorce laws where I am licensed to practice.

You may be able to find reprieve through the criminal justice system. Although I am unable to give you any information regarding whether your is wife criminally liable, you may be able to bring what is known as a Protection From Abuse (PFA) order – or similar order depending on your jurisdiction – against your wife.

A PFA is available to a person who has been abused by a family member. In order to obtain a PFA, the abuse does not have to be physical, as putting someone in reasonable fear of bodily injury or stalking would qualify.

Read Related Articles:

Orders of Protection

A PFA can last up to three years. It places restrictions or responsibilities on part of the “abuser.”

As such, an abuser may have to pay a plaintiff’s reasonable damages or expenses incurred through the abuse, such as medical bills, lost wages, property damage, moving expenses, etc.

Remember, I am unable to provide you with anything more than divorce tips for men, so please consult with a divorce lawyer in your jurisdiction.

To arrange an initial consultation to discuss divorce rights for men with a Cordell & Cordell attorney, including Philadelphia Divorce Lawyer Ashley Weiner, contact Cordell & Cordell.

End of Content Icon

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *