Putting A Lien On Property To Pay Attorney Fees

oklahoma city divorce lawyerQuestion:

My ex-wife’s divorce attorney placed a lien on my house for her attorney fees.

I am trying to work with the bank for a loan modification, but her divorce lawyer will not remove the lien.

What can I do?


I am unable to give you legal advice on divorce. I can give general divorce help for men, though, my knowledge is based on Oklahoma divorce laws where I am licensed to practice.

I am unsure whether or not the property has been deeded to you. If the property has been deeded to you, then your ex-wife’s divorce attorney does not have a valid lien against your property. Assuming that you have not been deeded the property, this is a civil/title issue and not a family/domestic law issue.

You would need to demand that the lien be removed according to the statutory guidelines, and if the attorney still refused to remove the lien, then an action for quiet title would have to be filed.

Remember, I am unable to provide you with anything more than divorce tips for men, so please consult with a divorce lawyer in your jurisdiction.

To arrange an initial consultation to discuss divorce rights for men with a Cordell & Cordell attorney, including Oklahoma Divorce Lawyer Kristy Kapp, contact Cordell & Cordell.

End of Content Icon

One comment on “Putting A Lien On Property To Pay Attorney Fees

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *