Removing Wife’s Name From Marital Home Title

Question:Kevin Mammola Atlanta Divorce Attorney

I was awarded the marital home and the associated mortgage payment obligation per our divorce decree.

I have since paid off the house and would like to get her name off the title. How do I do this?



While I am not licensed to practice in your jurisdiction, I can provide you with some general divorce help for men regarding the issues you present in your question.

In order to remove your wife’s name from the title to the home it is necessary for her to execute a quitclaim deed.

A quitclaim deed is a legal document by which the owner of a piece of real property transfers his or her interest to a recipient (in this case, you). The owner terminates/quits her right and claim to the property, thereby allowing claim to transfer to the recipient.

In your case, your wife needs to execute a quitclaim deed transferring to you any interest she may have in the marital property.

Consult with a mens divorce lawyer for specific legal advice on divorce.

To schedule an appointment with a Cordell & Cordell mens divorce lawyer, including Kevin Mammola, an attorney in the Atlanta, Georgia office of Cordell & Cordell, please contact Cordell & Cordell.

End of Content Icon

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *