Rescheduling A Child Support Modification Hearing

tampa divorce lawyerQuestion:

My child support modification hearing was dismissed because I was late in filing the necessary documentation with the court.

I have proof that my child support arrears are paid off along with income statements showing my substantial decrease in earnings that should qualify for a child support modification.

How can I get my child support case re-heard since I believe the only reason for dismissing my motion to modify was because I missed the deadline?


I am unable to give you legal advice on divorce. I can give general divorce help for men, though, my knowledge is based on Florida child support laws where I am licensed to practice.

You can request that the court set a re-hearing date based upon the argument that you do have paperwork to support your claim, and though it was filed late, it is still relevant in considering what you feel is a necessary downward modification in child support.

If you contact the judge’s office, they may be able to guide you in setting a re-hearing. If the only reason for rejecting your modification is due to the delayed filing of your documents, the court may grant an additional hearing to consider your arguments.

Read Cordell & Cordell’s

Reasons For Modifications

You may also want to speak with a mens divorce attorney to seek his or her help in this matter, as an attorney can closely review your file and gain knowledge of the background of the case. A divorce lawyer also speak with opposing counsel to see if there is anything that can be done to resolve your issue.

Remember, I am unable to provide you with anything more than divorce tips for men, so please consult with a mens divorce lawyer in your jurisdiction.

To arrange an initial consultation to discuss divorce rights for men with a Cordell & Cordell attorney, including Tampa, Florida Divorce Lawyer Lauren N. Dabule, contact Cordell & Cordell.

End of Content Icon

One comment on “Rescheduling A Child Support Modification Hearing

    If I am the non-custodial parent living in NY and the custodial parent lives in Florida and I one of the kids has turned 21 and emancipated but I am still paying child support. I am unemployed collecting unemployment. I went to court to get this fix but the judge dismissed my request because they could not find the custodial parent. What are my rights when it comes to my issue.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *