She Moved Out of State, Won’t Let Me See the Kids

Question:daniel lipsitz attorney colorado

My ex wife moved out of state with our children approximately eight months ago.

She has yet to allow me my court-ordered visitation and has denied me visitation rights on five separate occasions.

Now, she says I can only call and speak to them once a week. Is this allowed? What can I do?


While I am not licensed to practice law in your state, I can give some general guidance on this issue.

This largely depends on the court order or the parenting time agreement you have with your ex-wife.

Most agreements or orders allow for reasonable telephone contact with your children. It is unlikely that allowing you to speak to your children once a week is reasonable.

You should be able to have more frequent contact with your children, depending on their ages. If the court order or agreement is silent on the issue of telephone contact, her behavior may be allowable, but not necessarily appropriate or in your children’s best interest.

It might be helpful for you to consult with an attorney to address the telephone contact issue and well as the visitation issue mentioned in your question.

Remember, I am unable to provide you with anything more than divorce tips for men, so please consult a domestic litigation attorney in your area to obtain specific advice as to the laws in your state and how they impact your potential case.


To arrange an initial consultation to discuss divorce rights for men with a Cordell & Cordell attorney, including Colorado divorce lawyer Daniel Lipsitzcontact Cordell & Cordell.

End of Content Icon

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *