8 Financial Tips For Blended Families

child support

The structure of the typical American family has changed dramatically. According to Pew Research, only 46% of U.S. kids younger than 18 are living in traditional families with two married heterosexual parents in their first marriage. Blended families – a family consisting of a couple and children from a previous


How Relocation Affects Child And College Support

relocation and child support

Question: My ex-wife and I signed a separation and property settlement agreement in Connecticut in 2002. We have both since moved, she to New York where she lives with our daughter and me to New York. There was an article in the agreement regarding educational expenses that stated that I


The Case Of Caitlyn Ricci – DadsDivorce Live

Caitlyn Ricci

Over the past year, the New Jersey case involving 21-year-old Caitlyn Ricci’s lawsuit of her parents, Michael Ricci and Maura McGarvey, over college support has made national headlines. In November, Michael Ricci and Ms. McGarvey were ordered by a New Jersey judge to pay $16,000 of their daughter’s $26,000 annual


Tips For Single Dads To Pay For College

The number of households headed by a single father has multiplied nine-fold since 1960, reaching 2.6 million in 2011, Pew Research Center reported in 2013. Only 17 percent of these single dads have at least a bachelor’s degree, which means the income potential of the other 83 percent is limited;


Should Parents Be Forced To Pay For College

student loan debt

An important case is currently playing out in New Jersey that is raising questions as to whether a young adult is entitled to college support from his or her parents. Curiously, as the law in New Jersey and many other states currently stands, married parents aren’t required to pay for