Do I Need To Hire A Divorce Attorney?


Question: My wife and I married less than a year ago. We’ve made no major purchases and have no children together. Do I need a lawyer? Could we handle this divorce on our own or could we use one of those cheap divorce services?


How Do I Terminate My Alimony Payments?

attorney fees

Question: I have been paying alimony for years and it is set to end at the end of the month. How can I be certain that the automated alimony debt will cease to continue? Do I need to have my order changed, or will the system automatically do this for


Put Children First During Divorce

Although divorce is sometimes unavoidable and can ultimately be for the best for all parties involved, the decision to dissolve a marriage should never be taken lightly. As the above BuzzFeed video illustrates, divorce can have long-lasting effects years down the road not just for you, but also your children.


Does Cohabiting Harm Children?

marital home

Recently, the news of the divorce of Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner has dominated tabloid headlines across the country. The celebrity couple surprised many when just a few days after they announced their split they were spotted vacationing together in the Bahamas. It turns out that Affleck and Garner have


Who Pays The Divorce Filing Fee?

Noblesville Indiana Divorce Lawyer

Question: I paid my wife the amount required for a divorce filing fee, but it’s been several months and I have not heard anything. Am I supposed to wait for someone to contact me for the process to start or is it possible my wife just kept the money and


No-Fault Divorce vs. Fault Divorce

no fault vs fault divorce

By Sara Pitcher Cordell & Cordell Indiana Divorce Lawyer No-fault divorce means that the court does not require a showing of wrongdoing by either party in determining whether to grant a divorce. No-fault divorce is available in all states, although many states also offer a choice of pursuing a fault-based


Filing For Divorce To Get Child Custody

Noblesville divorce lawyer

Question: My question is about filing for divorce and child custody. I am legally married with a child though I have not seen my wife or child in several years and do not know where they live. What are the steps I must take to dissolve this marriage and establish


Incorporating Separation Agreement Into Final Decree

mens divorce lawyer

Question: I need legal separation advice on whether our marital settlement agreement is enforceable. My wife and I separated and entered into a settlement agreement addressing issues such as child support, parenting time, etc., before our divorce was even filed. Now her attorney has filed the dissolution paperwork and indicated