7 Tips For Working With A Guardian Ad Litem

guardian ad litem

During certain divorce cases, it is necessary for the court to appoint a Guardian ad Litem, otherwise known as a GAL. This is an individual, usually an attorney, who does their own thorough investigation of the case and recommends to the court what is in the best interests of the


Using A Guardian Ad Litem In A Custody Case

child custody

Question: My wife is trying to get full legal and physical custody of our kids and leave me only with supervised visitation. This is concerning because she is very abusive. I don’t have money for a lawyer so how should I go about fighting this?


Does A Stepdad Have A Shot At Gaining Child Custody?

stepparent's rights

Question: I have raised my stepdaughter since she was 5 years old. I have supported her financially for the last 10 years as her biological father has been out of the picture her entire life. Unfortunately, my wife has started drinking heavily and I don’t think our marriage is salvageable.


A Parent’s Standing To Modify Child Custody

georgia divorce lawyer

Question: I have primary physical custody of my children, and even though my ex-wife now lives in Canada she is requesting a modification of custody. I do not feel my children should live with her in Canada for many reasons, including my fear for their safety around her abusive husband.