Video: Cordell & Cordell News – February 20, 2015

Dads Divorce, sponsor Cordell & Cordell and sister site have teamed up to present a series of weekly recap videos to keep you informed on the latest news and top stories.

This week, Cordell & Cordell posted an interview Phoenix Money Radio’s “Business for Breakfast” conducted with Cordell & Cordell Principal Partner Joe Cordell. In the interview, Mr. Cordell explains how financial professionals are often more qualified to assist clients in valuing their assets than divorce attorneys. 

Mr. Cordell noted that a significant portion of the population making between approximately $75,000 to $200,000 often fails to retain the services of financial professionals when going through a divorce. That is a mistake that can cost tens of thousands of dollars.

Dads Divorce added a new article about seven frequently asked questions that come up when filing taxes during or after the divorce process.

Divorce further complicates the tax-filing process, and there are important things to know regarding how to file; who can claim children as dependents; whether or not attorney fees, child support and alimony payments are tax deductible; and how the marital home and retirement accounts factor into the tax-filing process.

Men’s Divorce published a new article about how to avoid post-divorce depression.

Studies show divorce can increase the risk one faces of suffering from depression and men are nearly twice as likely to suffer from post-divorce depression as women.

There are steps men can take to mitigate their chances of post-divorce depression, but you should seek medical help immediately if you find yourself feeling depressed.

Cordell & Cordell, Joe Cordell Talks Divorce And Taxes With Money Radio

Dads Divorce, Frequently Asked Questions About Taxes And Divorce

Men’s Divorce, Avoiding Post-Divorce Depression

End of Content Icon

2 comments on “Video: Cordell & Cordell News – February 20, 2015

    I am requesting information for terminating my child support obligation. My situation is similar to most of the fathers posting on this site.

    Briefly, I am obligated to pay child support until my children are age 21. I have two children that are in that age group. My son will turn 21 in May 2015 and my daughter is 20 and attends school. She will turn 21 in less than 10 months. Although I am a few hundred dollars in arrears, I want to be proactive and ensure that my support obligation terminates rather than drag along when they are emancipated.

    My questions are:
    Should I submit an Request of Modification for my state (MS) now for both children or wait until they “fall off”?
    Is this an action that can be initiated by me or is it best to get an attorney?

    Thank you in advance for any information.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *