Adding A Settlement Agreement To Uncontested Divorce Filing

Cincinnati divorce lawyerQuestion:

When filing for an uncontested divorce I left out our settlement agreement. Now the judge has ordered us to attend mediation.

Do we have to go to mediation or can I file an amendment to the divorce filing with the settlement agreement proving we do not need mediation? Which process would be quicker?


I am unable to give you legal advice on divorce. I can give general divorce help for men, though, my knowledge is based on Ohio divorce laws where I am licensed to practice.

In any event where the judge has ordered a party to do something, you must comply with the judge’s orders. Failure to comply with a judge’s orders subjects you to various forms of contempt of court, which could include large fines or even more serious penalties.

I cannot tell you whether mediation or filing amended documents would be faster or less costly. You may try asking the court clerk which one would be faster or whether the judge would allow filing the amended pleadings now. Remember, the clerk cannot give legal advice to you.

Your Divorce Settlement:

Three Tricky Language Traps To Avoid

Meeting with a men’s divorce attorney can likely resolve your issues in a quick and thorough way to ensure that there are no missing pieces to your divorce or dissolution.

Remember, I am unable to provide you with anything more than divorce tips for men, so please consult with a divorce lawyer in your jurisdiction.

To arrange an initial consultation to discuss divorce rights for men with a Cordell & Cordell attorney, including Cincinnati Divorce Lawyer Angela M. Penick, contact Cordell & Cordell.

End of Content Icon

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *