Are There Ways Around A Morality Clause Prohibiting Overnight Guests?

oklahoma city divorce lawyerQuestion:

My girlfriend has a morality clause in her divorce decree that no member of the opposite sex that she is romantically involved with my spend the night in the same dwelling as her children.

Is there any way to get around this clause prohibiting me from staying the night or vacationing when her children are around?


I am unable to give you legal advice on divorce. I can give general divorce help for men, though, my knowledge is based on Oklahoma divorce laws where I am licensed to practice.

If she violates the divorce decree then she can be found to be in contempt of court. Without seeing all of the terms of the decree it is hard to provide you with all of your options.

One option is she could seek written permission by the opposing party.

Second, she could consider filing a Motion to Modify the Decree. However, in order for a modification to take place, she would have to prove a material and substantial change has occurred which made a modification in the best interest on the minor child.

Remember, I am unable to provide you with anything more than divorce tips for men, so please consult with a divorce lawyer in your jurisdiction.

To arrange an initial consultation to discuss divorce rights for men with a Cordell & Cordell attorney, including Oklahoma Divorce Lawyer Kristy Kapp, contact Cordell & Cordell.

End of Content Icon

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *