Can I Keep My Ex From Moving Out Of State With The Kids?


My ex is thinking of moving out of state with my girls. I need to know if there is something I can legally do to stop her from leaving the state with my girls.

This is a problem because I have tried everything I can to keep my relationship with my ex as civil as possible. BUT that is secondary when it comes to losing my girls.

Any advice?



In Missouri file a Motion in Opposition to Relocation and Motion to Modify the physical custody .  It is her burden in the Motion in Opposition to Relocation to show that they relocation is in the best interests of your children.


Spencer E. Williams is the Team Leader over St Louis, St Charles, Indianapolis and Arnold (Jefferson County, MO) offices of Cordell & Cordell, P.C. where he practices exclusively in the area of domestic relations. Mr. Williams has tried numerous cases dealing with complex custody issues, maintenance, business assets and personal asset division.

End of Content Icon

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *