Ask a Lawyer: If I move 50 miles away from Kansas to Missouri, am I in violation?


I have joint custody with my two children that reside in Kansas. I am moving 50 miles away to a town in Missouri. As long as I continue to keep up my commitment with picking up/dropping off times, am I violating any custody laws?


Allow me to preface my answer with the fact that I am not licensed to practice or give legal advice regarding the laws of Kansas. You need to consult your Decree to be certain. Generally, you need to notify your ex and be sure that you can continue your obligations. Otherwise, you can verify it with a local attorney to be certain of the state specific laws.
End of Content Icon

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *