What rights do I have to see my child?


My wife took my son away without any discussion. What rights do I as a father have to my son? I can better provide for him and live at our residence. I do not want to lose my son and want to see him as much as possible. Why is it ok for the mother to take the son away when there is no violence or danger in the home? What about the rights of a very loving father? I am upset about this and want my son back, any help would be appreciated.


I am not licensed in Illinois and therefore cannot answer your question specifically to the laws of that State. Your wife has no more rights to take your child that you do to take the child from her. She can of course move out of the marital residence, but you can pick your son up from school, go see him etc. However, you do not want to offset her bad actions by committing the same mistakes she is currently making. I suggest you retain an attorney, file for divorce and seek a temporary hearing on custody. Your wife’s bad acts by keeping your child away from you can be used against her to show that she is not a good co-parent. Co-parenting is a large factor in many custody determinations.
End of Content Icon

4 comments on “What rights do I have to see my child?

    my wife kidnap my son today ,I got up for work this morning and when I got back from work she took my son’s clothes and her clothes now I dont know were she took my son he is 9months old

    How i got my ex back into my life
    i am Mrs mercy i am hear to give testimony of how i got back my husband, we got married for more than 2 years and have gotten two kids. thing were going well with us and we are always happy. until one day my husband started to behave in a way i could not understand, i was very confused by the way he treat me and the kids. later that month he did not come again and he called me that he want a divorce, I asked him what have i done wrong to deserve this from him, all he was saying that he want a divorce and that he hates me and do not want to see me again in his life, i was mad and also frustrated do not know what to do,i was sick for more than 2 weeks because of the divorce. i love him so much he was everything to me without him my life is incomplete. i told my sister and she told me to contact a spell caster, i never believe in all this spell casting of a thing. i just
    want to try if something will come out of it. I contacted DR. omoba for the return of my husband to me, they told me that my husband have been taken by another woman that she cast a spell on him that is why he hates me and also want us to divorce. then they told me that they have to cast a spell on him that will make him return to me and the kids, they cast the spell and after 3 days my husband called me
    and he told me that i should forgive him, he settled to apologize on phone and said that he still love me that he did not know what happen to him that he left me. it was the spell that the Dr omoba shrine casted on him that made him comeback to me today,me and my family are now happy again today. thank you DR. omoba for what you have done for me i would have been nothing today if not for your great spell. i want
    you my friends who are passing through this kind of love problem of getting back their husband, wife , or ex boyfriend and girlfriend to contact dromobaspellhome@gmail.com and you will see that your problem will be solved.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *