Available Options If Judge Failed To Issue Ruling

divorce lawyer Jordan RapoffQuestion:

My ex-wife is denying my court-ordered parenting time so I filed a Family Access Motion, per my state’s divorce laws.

The judge has failed to make a final determination within the 60-day mandate for a Motion for Family Access. Can he do that?


I am unable to give you legal advice on divorce. I can give general divorce help for men, though, my knowledge is based on Missouri divorce laws where I am licensed to practice.

The judge has the authority to enter judgment beyond the 60-day period if it is in the best interest of the child.

Generally, these types of orders are not appealable but that depends on the facts of your case. I do not have knowledge of the particular facts in your divorce and child custody case, but these cases typically do take longer than the 60 days.

Read Related Articles:

Family Access Motion

Remember, I am unable to provide you with anything more than divorce tips for men, so please consult with a divorce lawyer in your jurisdiction.

To arrange an initial consultation to discuss divorce rights for men with a Cordell & Cordell attorney, including Missouri Divorce Lawyer Jordan A. Rapoff, contact Cordell & Cordell.

End of Content Icon

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *