Back Child Support Requests After Six Years

Question:elisabeth flemming attorney nevada

My ex and I have been divorced for six years. Can my ex now ask for back child support from the time when we were separated?

During that time, I was assisting with some expenses but did not have an official order.


While I cannot give you legal advice, I can give some general guidance on this issue.

Because you did not have a court order that required you to pay a certain amount of child support, you may have a strong argument to make to the judge that your wife was receiving support as you paid expenses.

However, all of this would also depend on information such as how much you were paying, the custody arrangement and more.

Remember, I am unable to provide you with anything more than divorce tips for men, so please consult a domestic litigation attorney in your area to obtain specific advice as to the laws in your state and how they impact your potential case.

To arrange an initial consultation to discuss divorce rights for men with a Cordell & Cordell attorney, including Nevada divorce lawyer Elisabeth Flemming, contact Cordell & Cordell. 


End of Content Icon

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *