Can A Military Bonus Be Used To Calculate Child Support?

oklahoma city divorce lawyerQuestion:

My ex-wife is filing for a child support modification because of a re-enlistment bonus I received through the military.

I receive half of the bonus up front and the other half paid on the anniversary of my re-enlistment.

The military bonus is paid once a year for the amount of years re-enlisted for so once my obligation is up the bonus ends.

Should my bonus be factored into the child support obligation?


I am unable to give you legal advice on divorce. I can give general divorce help for men, though, my knowledge is based on Oklahoma child support laws where I am licensed to practice.

Regarding the modification of child support, where I practice, all of a party’s income in accounted for in the child support computation.

Therefore, your bonus will be accounted for in your yearly income and that income will be divided by twelve to determine your monthly gross income.

Remember, I am unable to provide you with anything more than divorce tips for men, so please consult with a divorce lawyer in your jurisdiction.

To arrange an initial consultation to discuss divorce rights for men with a Cordell & Cordell attorney, including Oklahoma Divorce Lawyer Kristy Kapp, contact Cordell & Cordell.

End of Content Icon

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *