Can I Get Divorced Without My Wife’s Consent?

divorce Question:

My wife is refusing to sign divorce papers. Can I get a divorce without her signature?


I am not licensed to practice in your state and cannot provide you legal advice. However, I can give general tips regarding your situation based on the jurisdiction where I practice.

Yes, you should be able to get a divorce without her cooperation. Here in Oklahoma, where I am licensed to practice, anytime a party refuses to sign the divorce papers after being properly served and after an agreement is reached, we are able to file certain motions in order to either enforce signature, or obtain a default divorce. This often varies depending on the case and the various stages of litigation. There are certain steps to take in order to obtain this, however, so I would recommend calling a divorce attorney licensed to practice in your state to set up a consultation to further clarify the laws of your state.

To arrange an initial consultation to discuss divorce rights for men with a Cordell & Cordell attorney, contact Cordell & Cordell.

End of Content Icon

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *