Can I Get A Consent Order For A Passport If I Owe Arrears?

oklahoma city divorce lawyerQuestion:

I am seeking a passport but am restricted due to child support arrearage I owe my ex-wife. I am only paying arrears and all that money is going to my ex-wife, not the state.

If my ex-wife agrees to allow it, what is the possibility of getting a consent order for a passport?


I am unable to give you legal advice on divorce. I can give general divorce help for men, though, my knowledge is based on Oklahoma divorce laws where I am licensed to practice.

Based on the information you provided, it appears that you need to file a pleading (in different states they require different pleadings) with the public assistance office/court that is handling you child support arrearage.

Where I practice, if you were current on your arrearage payments and opposing party did not object, it is very likely that the child support agency would release the restriction.

Read Related Articles:

Passports and Divorce

Remember, I am unable to provide you with anything more than divorce tips for men, so please consult with a divorce lawyer in your jurisdiction.

To arrange an initial consultation to discuss divorce rights for men with a Cordell & Cordell attorney, including Oklahoma Divorce Lawyer Kristy Loyall, contact Cordell & Cordell.

End of Content Icon

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *