Can I Prevent My Ex From Taking Kids From Daycare So Her Boyfriend Can Babysit?

oklahoma city divorce lawyerQuestion:

My ex-wife wants to pull our children out of daycare so her boyfriend can be a “stay-at-home dad” and watch our kids all day.

I told her I am not comfortable with her boyfriend staying home alone with our children. I’d rather have them with a child care professional.

What are my options to prevent this from happening?


I am unable to give you legal advice on divorce. I can give general divorce help for men, though, my knowledge is based on Oklahoma divorce laws where I am licensed to practice.

Your options are slightly different depending on the child custody order.

If you and your ex-wife have joint custody, it is likely that your Joint Custody Plan provides a remedy if the parties disagree as to a decision that affects the children. Normally that remedy is for the parties to attend mediation.

If your ex-wife has sole custody, then you could file a Motion to Modify Custody and seek that the court modify the custody order and allow you to make decisions as to the child care for the children.

If you have sole custody currently, it would be your ex-wife’s burden to file a Motion to Modify with the court to stop you from keeping the children in their current child care.

Remember, I am unable to provide you with anything more than divorce tips for men, so please consult with a divorce lawyer in your jurisdiction.

To arrange an initial consultation to discuss divorce rights for men with a Cordell & Cordell attorney, including Oklahoma Divorce Lawyer Kristy Kapp, contact Cordell & Cordell.

End of Content Icon

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *