Defending Yourself From A Motion To Suspend Visitation

advice on divorceQuestion:

My ex-wife has filed a motion to suspend visitation.

How can I fight this baseless motion and defend myself against her false allegations?


This answer only includes general divorce help for men since I am only licensed to practice in Oklahoma and am thus unable to provide legal advice on divorce.

You need to fight it. If your ex-wife has filed a Motion to Suspend Visitation, you will need to file a Response to her Motion.

She will have made accusations in the Motion as to something you are or are not doing that is detrimental to the child or otherwise not in your child’s best interests.

Your Response should address her allegations, explain why her claims are incorrect, request the court either set a hearing on the matter or dismiss her Motion, and request your attorney fees and costs be paid for in addressing her baseless claims.

Read Related Articles:

Visitation Rights

Every state has different requirements as to what will and will not warrant a suspension of visitation. If she hasn’t made allegations which meet these requirements, or the court finds that her Motion should otherwise fail, you may have a shot at getting some money from her for the costs associated with going to court.

To set up an appointment with a Cordell and Cordell mens divorce attorney, including Oklahoma City Divorce Lawyer Christian D. Barnard, please contact Cordell & Cordell.

End of Content Icon

One comment on “Defending Yourself From A Motion To Suspend Visitation

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *