Do I Have To Pay For Daycare When I Can Provide Free Child Care?

oklahoma city divorce lawyerQuestion:

My divorce decree contains a first right of refusal clause and requires me to pay half of child care and daycare expenses.

My current wife is a stay-at-home-mom and we have offered free child care to my ex-wife, though she has turned it down.

Am I still required to pay half of child care expenses after my ex-wife turned down free daycare with my current wife?


I am unable to give you legal advice on divorce. I can give general divorce help for men, though, my knowledge is based on Oklahoma divorce laws where I am licensed to practice.

If you are ordered to pay half of the daycare expense for the children, then you must continue to do so until the court modifies the order.

In most jurisdictions, you would file for a Motion to Modify and argue that since you can provide free child care to the children that either the children should stay with your current wife for child care or you should not be required to pay for child care.

Read Related Articles:

Daycare Expenses and Divorce

Normally, the right of first refusal clause deals with parenting time in which the children are not normally in daycare or school.

Remember, I am unable to provide you with anything more than divorce tips for men, so please consult with a divorce lawyer in your jurisdiction.

To arrange an initial consultation to discuss divorce rights for men with a Cordell & Cordell attorney, including Oklahoma Divorce Lawyer Kristy Kapp, contact Cordell & Cordell.

End of Content Icon

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *