Ex Blocking Medical Records from Others on Insurance Plan

Question:jason bowman attorney kentucky

My husband carries insurance for his kids with his ex-wife, for myself and for my kids.

His ex-wife has blocked us from access to all medical records, including the records of my children from a previous relationship.

How is that legal? What can we do to get access to medical records back again?


While I am not licensed to practice law in your state, I can give some general guidance on this issue. You should consult an attorney in your jurisdiction to get specific advice for your question.

These are often the games that attorneys will see in divorce litigation or in the post-dissolution process.

Once a parent wants to show that they have power over the other parent, they may attempt to block the dissemination of the information by either blocking school records or insurance information.

If your husband has joint custody, then he may be able to provide that documentation to the insurance company, any of the children’s doctors’ offices or the children’s school to try to stop this behavior by his ex.  Your husband may also want to contact his insurance company since he should be able to fix this information administratively through the actual company. 

If the behavior continues, then your husband may need to go to the courts for help in putting a stop to this type of behavior. 

Remember, I am unable to provide you with anything more than divorce tips for men, so please consult a domestic litigation attorney in your area to obtain specific advice as to the laws in your state and how they impact your potential case.

To arrange an initial consultation to discuss divorce rights for men with a Cordell & Cordell attorney, including Kentucky divorce lawyer Jason Bowman, contact Cordell & Cordell.

End of Content Icon

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *