Ex-Wife Won’t Accept Child Support Payment Unless It’s The Full Amount

divorce lawyer Andrew LaufersQuestion:

My ex-wife refused a partial child support payment today because I could only afford half of the full monthly amount.

How can I document that she is not accepting child support even if it is not the full amount?


I am unable to give you legal advice on divorce. I can give general divorce help for men, though, my knowledge is based on Minnesota divorce laws where I am licensed to practice.

You could draft a letter indicating she is not accepting your partial payment and indicate when you will make the full payment. You could then make the full payment as soon as possible.

A partial payment is just the same as making half of the mortgage payment so your ex wife could pursue any enforcement remedies for non-payment just as the mortgage company could foreclose on your house if they were not paid in full.

It is in your interests to make the full payment as quickly as possible.

Remember, I am unable to provide you with anything more than divorce tips for men, so please consult with a divorce lawyer in your jurisdiction.

To arrange an initial consultation to discuss divorce rights for men with a Cordell & Cordell attorney, including Minnesota Divorce Lawyer Andrew J. Laufers, contact Cordell & Cordell.

End of Content Icon

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *