Filing A Motion To Change Judge

divorce lawyer Jordan RapoffQuestion:

My divorce lawyer is not honoring my request to file for a new judge to be assigned to my divorce case.

I feel there is a conflict of interest with the judge in my case and I want him recused but my attorney is not doing anything.

How can I hold my divorce lawyer accountable for my change of judge request?


I am unable to give you legal advice on divorce. I can give general divorce help for men, though, my knowledge is based on Missouri divorce laws where I am licensed to practice.

It sounds like you are indicating that you have made a request to your divorce attorney and your lawyer has refused to file a Motion to Change Judge.

While I understand that this may be frustrating, I recommend that you put your request in writing if you have not already done so and ask your attorney why they do not wish to file this motion.

It’s entirely possible that your divorce lawyer has not filed the request because the timeline to request has already passed. By law, you only have so many days to file a change of judge request and if your trial is fast approaching then the timeline may likely have passed.

Remember, I am unable to provide you with anything more than divorce tips for men, so please consult with a divorce lawyer in your jurisdiction.

To arrange an initial consultation to discuss divorce rights for men with a Cordell & Cordell attorney, including Missouri Divorce Lawyer Jordan A. Rapoff, contact Cordell & Cordell.

End of Content Icon

2 comments on “Filing A Motion To Change Judge

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *