How Can I Better Communicate With My Attorney?


I am in the beginning stages of divorce and feel like my current lawyer is not giving me the help I need.

I am still waiting on a temporary order (the hearing was two months ago) and I have not seen my son in months. What should I do?


While I am not licensed to practice law in your state and cannot give you legal advice, I can give some general observations on this issue based on the jurisdiction where I practice.

Two months does seem like an excessively long time to obtain a temporary order and start exercising visitation. Communication between an attorney and client is paramount, and you are responsible for your part in this relationship. Call your attorney or paralegal and make sure his or her office has your correct contact information, then ask to set up a conference with your attorney immediately to address your questions.

Omaha divorce attorney Nancy Shannon
Omaha divorce attorney Nancy Shannon

If you are unable to get a conference set, or still have doubts about your attorney after this meeting, then perhaps it would be best for you to find a new attorney that will be more responsive to your case.

Family law is based on statutes that are state specific. I am licensed to practice in Nebraska and am not able to give specific and detailed legal advice regarding your situation. You need to contact an attorney licensed in your state who specializes in domestic litigation.

To arrange an initial consultation to discuss divorce rights for men with a Cordell & Cordell attorney, including Nebraska divorce lawyer Nancy Shannon, contact Cordell & Cordell.

End of Content Icon

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *