Informing Child Support Enforcement I Have No Lawyer

Omaha Nebraska Divorce LawyerQuestion:

I have an issue involving the withdrawal of my divorce lawyer and the ability for child support enforcement to speak with me directly.

The Child Support Enforcement Office refuses to speak to me because they said they will only speak to my divorce attorney but they lost the paperwork that said my divorce lawyer withdrew from the case.

So how can I prove to child support enforcement that I no longer have a divorce attorney and they should be allowed to speak to me?


I am unable to give you legal advice on divorce. I can give general divorce help for men, though, my knowledge is based on Nebraska and Iowa child support laws where I am licensed to practice.

You should be able to get the paperwork that has been subsequently lost through the court system and the hard-copy file they keep at the court.

Typically when a divorce attorney withdraws, paperwork is filed with the court stating the attorney has withdrawn.

This paperwork should suffice for notice to child support enforcement and allow them to speak with you.

Related Articles:

Child Support Enforcement

Remember, I am unable to provide you with anything more than divorce tips for men, so please consult with a divorce lawyer in your jurisdiction.

To arrange an initial consultation to discuss divorce rights for men with a Cordell & Cordell attorney, including Omaha, Nebraska Divorce Lawyer Jamie Kinkaid, contact Cordell & Cordell.

End of Content Icon

One comment on “Informing Child Support Enforcement I Have No Lawyer

    i’m puzzled my ex left to houston to work 11 months ago and left my two children are with her parnets. we are going thru a custody issue she wants all the custody plus more child support. my lawyer withdrew from my case. i dont know what to do? can someone please help me

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *