She’s Not Paying Her Child Support, Can I Stop Paying Her Maintenance?

We answer your questions on this episode of DadsDivorce Live. Cordell and Cordell, PC family court attorney, Dan Cuneo, JC, answers your questions about flexibility in making court-ordered payments.

If she refuses to pay her part to you, can you stop paying what is due to her? If your new family circumstances (such as a new baby) be taken into account in lowering your previous child support or maintenance obligations?

Read more to find out about the best approach to take when you think you’re paying too much.


Dan Cuneo is a Senior Attorney in the St. Louis office of Cordell & Cordell, P.C. He is a member of the Missouri Bar Association and the Bar Association of Missouri St. Louis. He is licensed in the state of Missouri.

End of Content Icon

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *