Can Permanent Alimony Be Modified?

child support

Question: I am 62 years old and am paying permanent alimony. I am paying nearly $1,500 per month and don’t think I will ever be able to retire. Is there anything I can do to modify or terminate my alimony payments?


Modifying Child Support When Arrears Are Owed

calculating child support

Question: I am trying to modify my current parenting time. Right now, because I only have 80 overnights, I owe my ex-wife child support. If I modify the plan to at least 110 overnights, she would have to start paying me child support. However, I owe more than $10,000 in


Top 10 Dads Divorce Articles Of 2014

Dads Divorce articles has already gotten off to a big start in 2015 with the launch of a redesigned site. The entire team is excited to build off the growth we saw last year, which included more than 1.2 million visitors to the site and more than 5.5 million pageviews. The community


Modifying Maintenance If Large Inheritance Is Received

divorce lawyer Kristen Buzzelli

Question: I pay maintenance/alimony to me ex-wife, who recently received a large inheritance after her father died. As a result, her standard of living is now significantly higher than mine, and I’m still paying her child support and maintenance. Do I have any chance of success in modifying or eliminating


Modifying Alimony By Starting A New Business

Noblesville Indiana Divorce Lawyer

Question: I am planning on forming a C corporation to run my small consulting business and take a nominal salary that would hopefully reduce or eliminate my alimony payments. Would a lesser income taken from this new corporation be grounds for an alimony modification?