What If I Made An Error On The Divorce Filing Form?

Omaha Nebraska Divorce LawyerQuestion:

When I filed for divorce, I made an error on the divorce form that was a simple, honest mistake concerning my wife’s middle name.

Is an error on the divorce filing going to be a problem, such as having the case dismissed?


I am unable to give you legal advice on divorce. I can give general divorce help for men, though, my knowledge is based on Nebraska divorce laws where I am licensed to practice.

The rules of litigation, as they pertain to a divorce, are state specific and the rules of your state will dictate this issue.

I would expect that you will be able to file an Amended Complaint correcting the error. I would also expect that this mistake will need to be corrected before any final hearing, and I would not assume that it can be taken care of at the hearing.

You should contact a domestic litigation attorney licensed in your state. It is quite possible that if you have inadvertently made one mistake, there might be others, and the issues in a divorce are normally so extensive that hiring legal counsel is a benefit, if not a necessity.

Remember, I am unable to provide you with anything more than divorce tips for men, so please consult with a divorce lawyer in your jurisdiction.

To arrange an initial consultation to discuss divorce rights for men with a Cordell & Cordell attorney, including Omaha, Nebraska Divorce Lawyer Nancy Shannon, contact Cordell & Cordell.

End of Content Icon

2 comments on “What If I Made An Error On The Divorce Filing Form?

    Challenge Final Divorce Decree/Re-Litigate
    Our lawyers dragged out an uncontested divorce for four and a half years, then my lawyer “negotiated” my entire life away, leaving me destitute. The final decree is rife with errors and oversights. Can I re-litigate?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *