What Can I Do If My Ex Doesn’t Allow Me To See My Kids?

Question:daniel lipsitz attorney colorado

My ex and I had a good visitation time situation until Father’s Day weekend. She asked me if there was any chance of us reconciling, and I told her there wasn’t.

Now, she’s been sending me harassing text messages. I was supposed to have the kids recently, and she told me not to show up. She won’t let the kids come to my house because my new fiancé lives there.

What can I do to stop the harassment and make sure I can see our children?


While I am not licensed to practice law in your state, I can give some general guidance on this issue.

If you have a signed parenting plan that has been adopted by the court, or  if the court ordered parenting time, then your ex needs to comply with that order.

You and your fiancé living together is not a proper reason for her to deny you your parenting time.

You might need to consider filing a contempt action against her. If she is completely restricting your parenting time, then you might need to file an emergency motion.

It may be helpful for you to consult with an attorney to address this issue.

Remember, I am unable to provide you with anything more than divorce tips for men, so please consult a domestic litigation attorney in your area to obtain specific advice as to the laws in your state and how they impact your potential case.

To arrange an initial consultation to discuss divorce rights for men with a Cordell & Cordell attorney, including Colorado divorce lawyer Daniel Lipsitzcontact Cordell & Cordell. 

End of Content Icon

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *