Can I Find Out if My Ex Took Our Child Out of State?

Question:elisabeth flemming attorney nevada

My son told me he went on vacation to another state. His mother never told me they would be going out of state.

When I asked her about it, she said that he must have been dreaming. My son is eight years old, and he knows the difference between dreams and reality.

Is there a way I can find out if she took him out of state without my consent? Can I find out if a plane ticket was purchased?


While I am not licensed to practice law in your state, I can give some general guidance on this issue.

The answer to this question depends on whether you are currently litigating your case or not.

Unless you are actively litigating, there is not a way you can compel her to provide verification of this, or alternatively issue a subpoena to different airlines relative to this alleged trip that was taken.

However, if you are currently litigating a divorce, custody or modification action, then this is information you may possibly be able to obtain through the discovery process.

One viable option may be to file a motion for contempt, or the similar legal action in your jurisdiction, and have an evidentiary hearing on the subject.

However, the burden would be on you to prove she violated the order which states she is to notify you of out-of-state travel.

Remember, I am unable to provide you with anything more than divorce tips for men, so please consult a domestic litigation attorney in your area to obtain specific advice as to the laws in your state and how they impact your potential case.


To arrange an initial consultation to discuss divorce rights for men with a Cordell & Cordell attorney, including Nevada divorce lawyer Elisabeth Flemmingcontact Cordell & Cordell. 

End of Content Icon

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *