Can I Sue The State For Gender Discrimination?


Can I file an Equal Opportunity Complaint against the state showing that I was the victim of gender discrimination based on its decision in my divorce?


I do not practice law in your state. Therefore, I cannot inform you as to the specific laws of your state and can only provide you with general tips on your situation.

Equal Opportunity Complaints are typically filed with the Civil Right Center, an office within the United States Department of Labor.

Wisconsin divorce lawyer Anne Scipior
Wisconsin divorce lawyer Anne Scipior

If you feel as though you have been discriminated against by your state because of your gender, it may be possible to file an action against the state in Federal Court. However, these types of lawsuits are very difficult to pursue.

You should consult with an attorney who specializes in civil rights law or anti-discrimination actions for more information.

Remember, I am unable to provide you with anything more than tips on your situation, so please consult a domestic litigation attorney in your area to obtain specific advice as to the laws in Oklahoma and how they impact your potential case.

To arrange an initial consultation to discuss divorce rights for men with a Cordell & Cordell attorney, including Wisconsin divorce lawyer Anne Scipior, contact Cordell & Cordell.

End of Content Icon

Shawn Garrison is an Online Editor for Lexicon, focusing on subjects related to the legal services of customers, Cordell & Cordell and Cordell & Cordell UK. He has written countless pieces dealing with the unique child custody and divorce issues that men and fathers face. Through his work on,, and, Mr. Garrison has become an authority on the complexities of the legal experience and was a content creator for the YouTube series “Dad’s Divorce Live” and additional videos on both the Dad’s Divorce and Cordell & Cordell YouTube channels. Mr. Garrison has managed the sites of these customers, and fostered the creation of several of their features, including the Cordell & Cordell attorney and office pages, the Dad’s Divorce Newsletter, and the Cordell & Cordell newsletter.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.