Can We Move The Child Custody Exchange Location?

Noblesville Indiana Divorce LawyerQuestion:

Both my ex-wife and I have moved since our divorce and the drive to transport the children to custody exchanges is now too far.

Can we move the parenting time exchange location?


I am unable to give you legal advice on divorce. I can give general divorce help for men, though, my knowledge is based on Indiana child custody laws where I am licensed to practice.

If the court specified transportation arrangements in its order, then the parties may file an agreement to move the exchange location or one party could request a modification of parenting time and transportation to address the new addresses of the parties.

The court may order that one parent provide transportation to parenting time and the other parent provide transportation the other way, or the court may order that the parties meet in the middle for all parenting time exchanges.

Divorced Dads Guide:

Handling Custody Exchanges

If one or both parties have moved since the last order, each party should ensure that a Notice of Intent to Relocate was filed informing the court of your new address and discussing the distance between your residence and opposing party’s address and the impact of the move on parenting time.

Remember, I am unable to provide you with anything more than divorce tips for men, so please consult with a divorce lawyer in your jurisdiction.

To arrange an initial consultation to discuss divorce rights for men with a Cordell & Cordell attorney, including Noblesville, Indiana Divorce Lawyer Sara Pitcher, contact Cordell & Cordell.

End of Content Icon

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *