Evidence Needed To Prove Child Support Was Paid Directly

New Jersey divorce lawyerQuestion:

I was just served papers to appear in court due to alleged child support arrears.

I have proof for the child support office that they payments they claim I missed were paid directly to my ex-wife before the wage garnishment was implemented.

Would all I have to do is establish proof to the child support enforcement agency that these payments were made? What type of evidence is needed?


I am unable to give you legal advice on divorce. I can give general divorce help for men, though, my knowledge is based on New Jersey divorce and child support laws where I am licensed to practice.

Generally, as long as you appear in court with proof that you have been paying your former spouse directly, your child support account would be credited accordingly.

Examples of acceptable proof of payment would be copies of checks, bank statements, or money orders.

You should be prepared to appear in court with the appropriate documentation to prove that you have paid your former spouse the exact sum of child support it is said you owe.

Remember, I am unable to provide you with anything more than divorce tips for men, so please consult with a divorce lawyer in your jurisdiction.

To arrange an initial consultation to discuss divorce rights for men with a Cordell & Cordell attorney, including New Jersey Divorce Lawyer Christine A. Dolan, contact Cordell & Cordell.

End of Content Icon

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *