Ex Demands My Pay Stubs & Wants to Recalculate Child Support – Is this Legal?

Question:daniel lipsitz attorney colorado

The wife of my children keeps demanding my paycheck stubs because she wants to redo our child support arrangement. In the meantime, she has stopped working.

My income has not changed since our marriage. Is this considered harassment? What is the legal process for requesting child support be adjusted?


While I am not licensed to practice law in your state, I can give some general guidance on this issue.

Yes, there is a process. Either party could file a motion to modify child support.

If a motion is filed with the court, both parties will have to file a financial statement with the court and will likely have to provide the other party with tax returns and other financial documents.

It is unlikely that what she is doing will be considered harassment, but it is inappropriate. Typically, depending on the state of these orders, the change in necessary child support has to be substantial, around ten percent, for the court to modify child support.

Remember, I am unable to provide you with anything more than divorce tips for men, so please consult a domestic litigation attorney in your area to obtain specific advice as to the laws in your state and how they impact your potential case.

To arrange an initial consultation to discuss divorce rights for men with a Cordell & Cordell attorney, including Colorado divorce lawyer Daniel Lipsitzcontact Cordell & Cordell. 

End of Content Icon

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *