Filing For Divorce Before The Separation Agreement Ends

oklahoma city divorce lawyerQuestion:

Can you file for divorce before the legal separation agreement ends?


I am unable to give you legal advice on divorce. I can give general divorce help for men, though, my knowledge is based on Oklahoma divorce laws where I am licensed to practice.

Where I practice, a proceeding for a legal separation can be modified to a proceeding for divorce at anytime so long as the party meets the jurisdiction requirement of being a resident of the state for six months and a residence of the county in which he/she files for 30 days.

In general, there is no requirement to fulfill the separation agreement prior to filing for divorce.

Divorce Resources:

State Divorce Laws

Remember, I am unable to provide you with anything more than divorce tips for men, so please consult with a divorce lawyer in your jurisdiction.

To arrange an initial consultation to discuss divorce rights for men with a Cordell & Cordell attorney, including Oklahoma Divorce Lawyer Kristy Kapp, contact Cordell & Cordell.

End of Content Icon

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *